Packaging for chocolate and confectionery features outstanding creativity, optical appeal and attractive shaping, while the cartonboard must fulfil the food safety and food quality requirements. Seasonal products and frequent new product launches place high demands upon the flexibility of the entire packaging supply chain.
Cartonboard solutions for chocolate and confectionery must fulfil a number of requirements:
- Excellent sensory values in order to prevent impairment of taste
- Guaranteed product safety e.g. by a functional barrier against mineral oils
- Outstanding surface properties for first-class results with printing and finishing (UV colours and coatings, effect and spot finishing, blind and hot foil embossing, window films, etc.)
- Grease barrier for protection against annoying grease spots and discolourations
- Excellent converting (die cutting, creasing, perforating and scribing, gluing) to enable versatile packaging forms