Packaging for fruits and vegetables (e.g. stiles or bowls) are frequently subjected to moisture and cooler temperatures along the supply chain. Here it is all the more important that the cartonboard or liner guarantees a high level of stability and safety.
Cartonboard and liner solutions for fruit and vegetables must fulfil the following requirements:
- Protection against crushing and damage, as well as against taste and odour influences
- Freeze barrier for maintaining packaging stability, even with temperature fluctuations
- Flexibility and formability of the cartonboard for the shaping of special foldings or round forms
- Good stability to guarantee the load-bearing capacity of the packaging
- 100 % recyclability of the packaging